The Language Teacher
The Language Teacher
This site contains material from The Language Teacher, the monthly publication of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Zenkoku Gogaku Kyoiku Gakkai). The Language Teacher, or TLT as we usually refer to it, was first published under that name in April, 1984 (though its roots go back further. For a more detailed history, this article will be of interest). Since then it has continued without a break, and is proud of its place as the only monthly refereed language education journal in the world. This is even more remarkable given the fact that the staff (almost 40 people, plus advisory board members) are ALL volunteers!
Almost all of the articles published in TLT since 1996 are available on this website for members and subscribers to use. We hope you enjoy this rich resource of research material.
The editors and staff
- Latest Issue
- A selection of articles and columns from the latest issue of TLT.
- Back Issues
- Browse through feature articles from past issues of TLT.
- TLT Calls for Special Issue
Proposals and Special Issue Papers
- Our call for submissions of articles for publication.
- JALT Publications positions available
- Staff openings in JALT Publications, including The Language Teacher.
- Book Reviews
- Reviews of the latest in resources and materials.
- Chapter Events
- What's happening in the different JALT chapters around the country.
- Chapter Reports
- Reports on events that have taken place in JALT chapters.
- Conference Calendar
- Information and updates on upcoming conferences.
- JALT Focus
- Notices, news, and information of interest to TLT readers.
- JALT News
- News about JALT and important announcements.
- Job Info Centre
- Listings of teaching jobs available in Japan.
- My Share
- TLT's popular column offering practical ideas for classroom use.
- Focusing on the people, chapters, groups, and events that make up JALT.
- Recently Received
- Listings of books and classroom materials available for review purposes.
- SIG News
- News and information on JALT's many Special Interest Groups.
- TLT Wired
- Technical resources and information relevant to language teaching.
- TLT FAQs
- TLT Copyright Information
- Submitting an Article
- Staff Contact Information
- Advertising in TLT